Monday, April 6, 2015

Lesson 8 - World Cat, CAMIO and more

I performed a title phase search for Green Eggs and Ham. Libraries Worldwide, 2509
The top library is Black Hills State University. Call Number LC: PZ8.3.G276; PS3513.E2
Dewey: Fic
When I clicked on subject there are 57 results found. The books all have to do with eating and there are some in different languages.
It was fairly easy to do a search on World Cat. Just seeing all the copies there are out there in the world is amazing.

OAIster - After entering South Dakota I searched Two Best and the Two Worst Decisions. The article was very interesting to read about a ranch in Midland, SD. The ups and downs of life on a ranch are just a real as the ups and downs in the rest of the world. I'm not sure a lot of people understand the struggles there are with farming/ranching. Not to say there aren't struggle else where.

CAMIO - Wow! There are amazing artworks to see here. This would be great for art teachers to show there students.

3 comments:

  1. It has been an interesting day spent on the challenge. I was not feeling very acomplished earlier but as I end the day I feel good about the things I have learn with this challenge. When I looked at other blogs I could see that I was not alone and I encourage everyone to keep searching the library. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess I was tired. It should say accomplished and it should say learned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super finds all around and yes! you have accomplished a lot of learning! I love the idea to share CAMIO with the art teachers.

    Thanks for your post,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete